Monday, 4 February 2008

Another Challenge Card


I really enjoyed making this card because it feels like such a looooooooong time since I ever made a card without a purpose! The weekend challenge on our forum this week was to create something using embossing and eyelets and I came up with this card. Mainly because I had a huge de-junk in my craft room last weekend and I found this stamp again which I made last year using the imagepac kit, and I'd forgotten how much I love it. However, these stamps don't work too well with many inks - I like them best with versafine, but I couldn't find my black pad (oops! too much de-junking, methinks!! LOL!!) so I used a different ink but I had such trouble getting a crisp image. Eventually I gave up and used this one which was the best of a bad bunch!! LOL!! The red paper is Basic Grey from one of their stacks (can't remember which!) the embossing is actually a whimsical frame from Autumn Leaves stamps set (which I am adoring so much at the moment!!).
This has got me fired up now and I want to make more 'no purpose' cards, just like I did in the olden days, then I have a stash ready for those unplanned moments!!!

Thanks for looking in!

18 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!!! Great card!
    chris p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really wonderful, love this image.
    http://barnie.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful, and I love the image you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! I can't get over what you can do and am so embarrassed about the stamping I showed you the other day LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very striking card, love the use of the BG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card Anne :) Love Your Color Choice ..

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blogg...so nice cards you do!!!

    Love to createto and scrap!!

    Hugs from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Fab papers!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image Anne and I love the red, black and white together very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol @ the 'olden days'!

    Gorgeous card Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should go into production, Anne. Your stamps are fabulous!

    I just LOVE this card! Thanks for joining in with the challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card Anne! Really beautiful and I am using that same vibrant background paper myself at the moment for a journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunner! Love the hand made stamp, and the colour palette is so dramatic. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowza, Anne, another winner!!

    I love the sense of drama and mystery you've crafted with this terrific stamp and your color combination; you're soooooooo talented!

    Keep in touch ... you make me smile!

    ~Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi I love this card - it is so strong - hope you don't mind but its inspired a similar one of my own which is on my blog! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I hope you leave with a smile!